Terms and Conditions
Access to and use of ‘re-constitution.org.uk’, the website of The Constitution Society, is provided by The Constitution Society on the following terms.
1. By using ‘reconstitution.org.uk’ you agree to abide by our terms and conditions which shall take effect immediately you first use ‘re-constitution.org.uk’. If you do not agree to be bound by all the following terms please do not access, use and/or contribute to ‘re-constitution.org.uk’.
2. The Constitution Society may change its terms and conditions from time to time. Please check the terms regularly as any continued use of re-constitution.org.uk’ will be deemed to be an acceptance of our updated or amended terms. If you do not agree to the changes, please stop using our website.
3. You agree to use ‘re-constitution.org.uk’ only for lawful purposes and in a way that does not interfere with any other party’s lawful and legitimate usage of the website.
4. You agree to be bound by the following rules in relation to any contributions you make:
* You are responsible for what you contribute
* Contributions must be civil – ‘re-constitution.org.uk’ allows you to comment on issues relating to the British constitution. You may not agree with what others say, but please respect their views and engage in considered and non personalised discussion and debate.
* No defamatory, offensive, or unlawful contributions - Contributions which are defamatory, offensive, harmful, hateful or otherwise abusive are not allowed. Your contributions must not be illegal.
* No contributions which are in breach of copyright and/or the intellectual property rights of others - Any contribution must be your own original work and must not infringe someone else’s rights or copyright. Please see paragraph 5 below.
* No impersonation or misrepresentation of your affiliation with another person or organisation
* No spam - ‘re-constitution.org.uk’ is not a lobbying website. Please do not make repeated submissions.
* No advertising or promoting – The Constitution Society actively welcomes differing and/or opposing views but please do not use the website to campaign on behalf of your organisation or on a specific issue/s.
* No malicious software virus or computer code
* No unsuitable user names – e.g. names which could cause offense to other users.
Contributions to ‘re-constitution.org.uk”
5. You agree to submit to or share with ‘re-constitution.org.uk’ only those contributions which are your own original work. You must not infringe the copyright or other intellectual property rights of third parties. If you do not own the copyright for any contribution you want to post to the website you must ensure that you obtain prior agreement from the copyright owner, agreeing to publication, and by submitting that contribution you warrant that you have obtained the requisite consent.
6. By sharing any contribution (including any data, text, message, audio data, photographs, graphics, videos, whether publicly posted or privately transmitted) with The Constitution Society, you agree to grant The Constitution Society, free of charge, permission to use the material in any way it wants, including modifying and adapting it for operational and editorial reasons.
7. This permission is non-revocable but it is not exclusive and copyright in your contribution will remain with you.
8. You confirm that if anyone is identifiable in your contribution, that you have their consent or the consent of their parent /guardian if they are under 16.
Reporting and Removal of contributions and user accounts
9. We may in our absolute discretion remove any contribution which we consider is incompatible with the aims of The Constitution Society and/or the purposes of ‘re-constitution.org.uk, or which,in our sole opinion, breaks these terms and conditions.
10. Our website contains a mechanism whereby users may report posts which may be considered to be defamatory or otherwise abusive. We will investigate all reports, but do not undertake to complete an investigation within a set timeframe. If 5 reports are received in relation to any contribution, the contribution will automatically be removed, pending investigation. The Constitution Society will not be liable for any delay in such removal. The resubmission of such contribution, following an investigation, will be entirely at the discretion of The Constitution Society.
11. The Constitution Society accepts no responsibility for the outcome of our determination as to whether the contribution post may be restored to the website or not.
Suspension or discontinuance of ‘re-constitution.org.uk’
12. The Constitution Society may at any time and without notice, modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the website or any part of the website.
13. The Constitution Society shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the website or any part of the website.
14. You agree to indemnify and hold The Constitution Society, its officers, agents, contractors, and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, made by any third party arising out of the contributions you submit or share with us, or as a result of you breaching our terms and conditions.
Content Disclaimer and Non Reliance
15. The factual content uploaded to the website by The Constitution Society aims to be correct, accessible and impartial. We do not warrant or represent that this is the case. Any reliance on such content is at your own risk and we shall have no liability to you or any third party for any loss or damage caused or alleged to be caused with respect to the use of or reference to that information for any purpose whatsoever.
16. We do not check for accuracy, reliability, errors or omissions in relation to contributions to the website. Users must be aware that such contributions represent the views of those submitting the contributions and therefore if any reliance is placed on such contributions it is at your own risk. Views expressed by users and contributors to the website are their own and do not necessarily represent the views of The Constitution Society. We do not warrant that they will not be offensive or defamatory and/or that they are factually correct.
Third Party Websites and External Resources
17. ‘reconstitution.org.uk’ contains links to third party web sites and external resources. These links are provided to facilitate access to the views of others, in order to stimulate discussion and debate on issues relating to the British constitution. The Constitution Society is not responsible for and does not endorse any content, products, or other materials on, or available from, such sites or resources, whether made available by The Constitution Society or by users of the website, nor is it responsible for the availability of such sites or resources.
18. The Constitution Society shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any third party website or external resources.
19. You should check the privacy policies of any third party website since we are not responsible for the privacy policies of these websites, nor the way in which information about their users is treated
Information obtained from Users
20. If you register with us we ask you to:
* Provide an alias as your user name, instead of your real name;
* Provide your email address;
We also ask for a location (optional) so that we can compile a geographical heat map of contributors.
21. We will only use your e mail address
* for "service administration purposes", (e.g. to complete your registration or e.g. to notify you that a particular service has been suspended for maintenance);
* to contact you about a submission you have made to the website, including any contribution you have posted;
* to send you information if you have opted to join the mailing list;
22. When making a contribution we advise you not to reveal any personal information about yourself or anyone else (for example: telephone number, postal address, home address or email address or any other details that would allow you to be personally identified). Should you do so it is at your own risk.
23. We may share anonymous aggregate or statistical data relating to users, with third parties but otherwise no information about you will be provided to any third party.
24. Cookies: We use only single-session technology, that is a cookie or cookies which track users over a single session. We do not maintain tracking data over multiple sessions or visits or gain any other information about users via such cookies.
If you need to contact us about these Terms & Conditions you can do so by going to the Contact Us section of this website.